Flour has always been and remains a highly demanded product. Perhaps it is not necessary to say much about how important flour is for every Russian. It is precisely this popularity of the product that makes its manufacture an excellent option for business promotion. Manufacturers of wheat flour have huge sales opportunities. They sell it to bakeries, bakeries, stores, catering, manufacturers of semi-finished products, etc. Therefore, the organization and development of business on the production of wheat flour is a very profitable business.
But, to do this, initially you need to do everything competently. First of all, calculate the costs. Then purchase good equipment and quality raw materials. Only with the right approach to the case, the manufactured product will be well realized, and investments will quickly pay off. In the article we will tell you how to create such a business. After all, there are several options: a large enterprise, a mini factory and making flour at home. It is important to realize that the difference is not only in the scale of costs and profits, but also in manufacturing technologies. What equipment is needed, raw materials, what costs how much and what are the methods of production of wheat flour, learn here.
Large-scale production of wheat flour
There are different kinds of flour: rye, oat flour, corn flour, barley flour, rice flour. But wheat flour is more popular in Russia. In order to become successful in this field and open a large manufacturing shop, it is important to cooperate with good suppliers of raw materials. It is from the quality of the grain that the performance of the future flour depends. In addition to suppliers, you should take care of high-tech equipment. After all, a large enterprise should work around the clock, therefore, the technique should be durable, productive and automated (if possible). It should be understood that the promotion of a large workshop takes a huge amount of money and a lot of effort.
Raw materials for production
Soft wheat is purchased for the production of flour. This is if it is intended to produce bread flour. For example, for pasta products, a hard type of grain is used.
Choosing raw materials, it is necessary to be guided by its grade. There are several of them:
- strong: from this variety, high-quality baked goods are obtained. The dough from it is characterized by elasticity, elasticity, lushness. Products from such dough hold their shape well. Such wheat is sometimes mixed with low-quality grain to increase its characteristics. This improves the quality of future flour;
- medium: used for baking high-quality bread (according to GOST). Such a grade is also called valuable;
- weak: the name of the grade speaks for itself. It is used for grading. Bread turns out good only in combination with other types of grains.
To get good flour, you should buy strong or medium grain types. In extreme (very rare) cases, it can be mixed with a weak type. But it is not recommended to use it as the main raw material because of its low cost. You can ruin your reputation and “scare away” your wholesale customers.
At first glance, it seems that a lot of machinery is not needed – grind the grains, clean and ready. In fact, to produce flour you need a large list of equipment:
- silos: containers for storing the milled grains. They are tall flasks in the form of thermoses. Inside them, a dry climate is maintained to prevent the milled raw material from refluxing. The silos are also used to filter the flour. The units are equipped with hatches, ladders and platforms for inspection by personnel;
- rinsing or brushing: their functions are similar, so you can buy one. The devices intensively clean the surface of the grains from dirt, dust and residual tendrils. They remove the shells from the grains, and remove the germ. There are horizontal and vertical types of rinsing machines;
- sterilizers: disinfect raw materials. There are different types and shapes – square, rectangular, in the form of tunnels. Air sterilizers are used for grain sterilization;
- machines for hydrothermal treatment of grains: necessary for washing raw materials. They come in the form of baths or flasks with integrated cleaning technologies. Separated by partitions into two divisions – for initial washing and final washing;
- Drying devices: continuous drying units – grain dryers. They are mobile and stationary. Drum, pneumatic and chess. Stationary drum dryers are used in factories;
mills: for grinding prepared grains. It is a large-sized, automated machine. It looks like a large barrel with a motor. There are round or square mills. Strong millstones for grinding are built inside. The product is poured into a special container and the device is turned on, starting the grinding process;
- sieving devices: filter and sieve the finished flour. These are large cone-shaped tubs with ladders and a bag tipping system;.
- packaging equipment: the finished flour is put into it in loose form and comes out in bags. The special bags are placed in a tray;
- bags for packing. You can make them yourself, but you will also need to buy a machine. Most factories buy ready-made bags or order them with individual labels.
- If suppliers deliver grain in unprocessed form, it is adjusted to the standard at the factory itself. Sometimes this option is cheaper. Since cleaned, ground and washed grain is expensive even for bulk purchases. But, on the other hand, for the finalization of raw materials, all of the above equipment is required. Therefore, everything should be calculated and compared the results in advance. Consider the technology of making flour from unprocessed grain.
- Wheat is cleaned of dust, dirt and impurities with the help of rinsing or brushing machines.
- Then hydrothermal treatment is carried out: washing and cleaning from the last unnecessary elements – shell, tendrils, germ
- The finished raw material is placed in a sterilizer.
- After these manipulations, wheat is dried by dry air flow.Grinding in mills is carried out. The unit independently pours the finished product into the provided tanks. From there, the flour is transported to the screening equipment.
- The final stage is packaging. Most often flour is packed in bags of 1 or 2 kg. For wholesalers packing is carried out in polyethylene bags of 5 or 10 kg. Or in large bags of 25, 50 kg. capacity.
At large production facilities is mandatory product control. Flour is taken for testing even before the moment of packing. If the product meets standardization, it is allowed to sell it.
Mini production of wheat flour
Most novice entrepreneurs are inclined to mini production of flour. This is less costly than the equipment of a huge factory. But even for a small shop you need high-tech machines and excellent grain.
Equipment for production
- Preparatory equipment for cleaning wheat. You can buy an aerodynamic separator. He conducts cleaning and calibration of any type of raw material. This is a device of rectangular shape with trays brought out at the bottom for dumping cleaned grains. To the trays are mounted bags for collection. Such a machine costs about 150,000 rubles. You can rent a machine to start work.
Mill: for grinding wheat. There are wooden and metal mills. With built-in stone, granite or ceramic millstones. The cost of not a large machine is about 12000 eur.
Machine for packing. The farmer’s packing line outputs finished flour in paper bags weighing 1 or 2 kg. The design costs about 2000 eur.
Sifter. A design similar to a cabinet with a spout. Inside there is a filtration system in the form of a metal sieve. Through the spout, the clean product is poured into a special container. The sifter costs about 300 eur.
Special clothing for employees. In any production of products, it is necessary to work in clean robes, caps and gloves. At least 100 eur will go for uniforms.
Carts or carriages for the transportation of bags of flour. For a small shop will be enough for two or three devices at a price of 50 eur.
You can organize a site for packing products in bags of 25 or 50 kg. Such work is carried out manually, and for this it is necessary to buy scales. Their price is from 20,000 rubles. And you will also have to buy a bag-stitching machine costing from 1200 to 1600 eur.
The technological process is carried out by the following stages:
- Preparation of raw materials. Wheat is placed in a separator and is cleaned from impurities, impurities, tendrils, etc.
- Grinding of grains. The cleaned raw material is poured into the mill. The machine starts automatically and grinds the wheat with millstones. At the end of the process, it pours it into the collection compartment.
- Sifting. The process not only cleans the finished flour, but also improves its quality by oxygenating it. The sifted product must be transferred from the machine into sterile dishes or bags.
- The last step is the packaging. From the sifter, the flour is transported to the filling machine and poured into a tray. As a result, the product comes out in packages.
The cost of opening such a production
To understand the monetary contribution that will be needed for not a large plant of wheat flour, let’s make an approximate calculation:
The room will need a spacious, not less than 200 squares in area. It is desirable that it is ventilated, warm and dry. Do not forget about the room for storing the finished flour. At least 20 squares should be allocated for it. Depending on the volume of production. The cost of such a shop is about 600 rubles per square. In a month for rent will have to lay out 120,000 rubles. Taking into account utility bills – about 150 000;
The purchase of grain will cost 6,000 per ton. In a month it is necessary to process at least 10,000 tons. That is, 60,000 for raw materials;
equipment requires costs in the range of 700,000 rubles (taking into account all the units);
salaries to subordinates. It will be necessary to hire laborers, accountant, cleaners. On payment for their labor should be allocated at least 150 000 rubles.
The total cost of opening a plant for the manufacture of flour – 100000 eur
Home business for the production of wheat flour
Wheat flour production at home
Home business for the manufacture of wheat product requires a minimum of costs. If you buy cleaned grains, then the technological process will be simplified. It will not be necessary to prepare raw materials – clean, rinse and sterilize. This will save on the purchase of appropriate equipment. Given the fact that wholesale purchases of grain will not be needed, you can spend money on clean raw materials. A bag of wheat 50 kg. costs about 300 rubles. From this mass, you can make about 20 kg. of wheat flour. The manufacturing process itself requires not much effort and time.
Equipment for production
Mill or crusher. The difference in technology: the crusher will have to spin manually, and the mill grinds wheat automatically. There is also a difference in cost – an electric mill costs about 20,000 rubles, a crusher can be bought for 5,000. Most people still prefer automated machines;
sifter. If large batches are to be produced, it is better to buy a sieving machine. Its price depends on the volume of processing – from 10,000 to 30,000. For a small amount of flour, it is enough to buy a large sieve. Its price is from 100 rubles;
scales. It is better to buy on a platform, since you will have to weigh from 10 kg. and more. Such a unit costs about 8,000 rubles. Many people use a bezmen. It is cheap, but the weighing process is not convenient;
bags for packing. The home conveyor provides for manual packing into polyethylene bags. Since a filling machine would be expensive. Bags are sold by rolls at a price of 100 rubles per 100 pieces;
savok for packing. A convenient, capacious device with a handle can be bought for 200 rubles.
Planning to produce flour at home, it is better to take care of a separate room in advance. It is necessary to settle in an insulated, well-ventilated room. Grain and finished flour is recommended to store in a dry, dark, but cool room. And it is better to sell it immediately, so that it does not lie fallow. Consider the technology of production:
The grains are placed in the mill. The machine starts and grinds the contents. If large volumes of flour are not needed, you can use a blender for grinding. In it, a glass of grain is turned into flour in half an hour.
Periodically you need to check the result of grinding. Stir the contents with a dry spoon and turn the machine on again as needed. Until the flour becomes the desired consistency.
At the end of the process, the machine is turned off, the product is poured into bags.
It is recommended to pay special attention to the storage of flour. The bags must be intact, dry and hermetically sealed.